Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Busybusybusy!

Okay, so as you may have guessed from the decreasing frequency of these blogs, I've got a lot on my plate. Summer hasn't done a thing to slow me down. So I've got a lot on which to update you. If I can remember it all. :P

I think last time I told you all that I have been hired as the Journal's copy chief for next semester - catching and correcting other people's errors. My dream job. Anyway. Since then, I've moved back home - if you can call being here two days a week "home." I've been house-sitting so much that it keeps me quite on the run. People seem to leave in droves. All at once, you know. And they all seem to call me.

Another cool thing is that I now run the sound-board for my church. It's pretty awesome, since I have figured out how to work it. Most people are utterly bamboozled by all those buttons and knobs. But I love it. So I have to be in church early Sundays and on Wednesday evenings for youth group. Michael tags along on these outings.

I should probably explain Michael, too. Michael is my boyfriend. He's utterly sweet and considerate. However, he's not a Christian, and this is a huge point of contention for me.

The last few weeks I've been helping my friend Becky clean out a foreclosed house. It was pretty nasty in there... And I ended up getting a second degree burn on my left wrist from a combination of a watch allergy and a sunburn. Then yesterday, the same house, I accidentally dropped a stove on that same hand. Sort of crunched it in between the stove and the dolly on which we were carrying the stove. So... my left hand is sort of maimed. Oh. And we found remnants of a meth lab in the basement, today, so the whole house has been sealed off and we're not cleaning it anymore. Can't say I totally mind that.

Anyway. More updates later. I'm pretty tired and need to go to bed.
Ciao, gente!

--Anna Grace

No comments: